The EMDRIA Certification Process & Advanced Consultation Services
Having completed EMDR Basic Training, you are eligible to start gaining consultation hours toward becoming a Certified EMDR Therapist. I am prepared and excited to assist you in achieving this next professional goal! I offer 60-min. individual consultations via phone, Skype, and/or in my office. I also offer a five meeting series of group consultations (either via freeconference.com with upload of case material to a free box.com account, or via in vivo in my office) which have a 2-hour duration and during which consultees may gain individual consultation hours when presenting a case for 45 min. of the group meeting.
EMDRIA certification is focused on achieving fidelity in the use of the Standard 8-phase Protocol, and I will help you step by step to solidify learning in this regard. At the conclusion of our contracted consultations, I will write a letter to EMDRIA attesting to the learning that you have achieved while a consultee with me. Congratulations on your important decision to move forward with EMDRIA certification!
Advanced EMDR consultation services are designed to assist you in the case formulation and implementation of advanced EMDR protocols (e.g., Early Trauma Protocol, DeTur for addictions, Flash Technique, Inverted Protocol for use with Complex PTSD, Hypnotic Inductions for use with dissociative phobias, etc.) These consultation services, whether in a group setting or in individual consultation are not able to be credited toward the EMDRIA Certification process due to the dictates of the EMDRIA standards for gaining credit toward Certification (which is explicitly designed for gaining proficiency in the use of the eight phases of the Standard Protocol). Nonetheless, I am happy to consult with therapists using advanced protocols at any point after completion of their EMDR Basic Training.
My Commitment to You
During EMDRIA Certification consultations, I will assist you to:
- Assess clients for appropriateness to undertake EMDR therapy
- Articulate EMDR case formulations
- Apply appropriate closure for incomplete sessions
- Deal effectively with client "looping" and "stuck reprocessing"
- Demonstrate creativity in the application of EMDR therapy while maintaining integrity of the Standard 3-pronged Protocol
- Discern which cognitive interweaves to use, and when
- Fine tune Preparation, Stabilization and Resourcing techniques
- Implement strategies for dealing effectively with dissociative symptoms and dissociative phobias
- Maintain sensitivity to transference and countertransference issues
- Utilize EMDR therapy in a comprehensive treatment plan
The fee is $135./60-min. individual consultation meeting. I am flexible with regard to consultation scheduling and will work with your availability.
For group consultations, the rate of $80./2-hour meeting in a series of five group meetings is available. Please contact me for information regarding when the next cycle of group consultation is starting.