The EMDRIA Certification Process
Having completed EMDR Basic Training, you are eligible to start gaining consultation hours toward becoming a Certified EMDR Therapist. I am prepared and excited to assist you in achieving this next professional goal! I offer 60-min. individual consultations via phone, Skype, and/or in my office. I also offer a five meeting series of group consultations (either via freeconference.com with upload of case material to a free box.com account, or via in vivo in my office) which have a 2-hour duration and during which consultees may gain individual consultation hours when presenting a case for 30 min. of the group meeting.
EMDRIA certification is focused on achieving fidelity in the use of the Standard 8-phase Protocol, and I will help you step by step to solidify learning in this regard. At the conclusion of our contracted consultations, I will write a letter to EMDRIA attesting to the learning that you have achieved while a consultee with me. Congratulations on your important decision to move forward with EMDRIA certification!
My Commitment to You
During consultation, I will assist you to:
- Assess clients for appropriateness to undertake EMDR therapy
- Articulate EMDR case formulations
- Apply appropriate closure for incomplete sessions
- Deal effectively with client "looping" and "stuck reprocessing"
- Demonstrate creativity in the application of EMDR therapy while maintaining integrity of the Standard 3-pronged Protocol
- Discern which cognitive interweaves to use, and when
- Fine tune Preparation, Stabilization and Resourcing techniques
- Implement strategies for dealing effectively with dissociative symptoms and dissociative phobias
- Maintain sensitivity to transference and countertransference issues
- Utilize EMDR therapy in a comprehensive treatment plan
The rate of $100./60-min. individual consultation meeting is available while I am an EMDRIA Consultant in Training. I am flexible with regard to consultation scheduling and will work with your availability.
For group consultations, the rate of $75./2-hour meeting in a series of five group meetings is available while I am an EMDRIA Consultant in Training.